Beefalo can be used in any recipe that calls for beef, chicken, other protein. These are some of our favorite recipes for preparing Beefalo. Enjoy!
As with any food, proper preparation is the key to enjoying your Beefalo meal. Preparing Beefalo is easy. Here are some things to consider when preparing and cooking Heartland Beefalo to help you maximize your experience.
- Beefalo cooks about 30% faster than traditional Beef.
- Beefalo requires half to a third less heat to cook than conventional beef.
- Beefalo will continue to cook after it has been removed from heat.
- Beefalo is as tender as any other beef product.
- Use a meat thermometer for best results.
- It has less fat to insulate it, so your Beefalo will be done faster than you might expect.
- Cook it low and slow…and you’ll save energy cooking Beefalo.
- Remove Beefalo from heat one level of doneness sooner than how you like it.
- Over cooking can make your meal seem dry or tough.
- It’s the safest & most efficient way to cook. USDA Recommendations →.